Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 28, 2009

    A look into a once in a lifetime week


    I started my week in Duomo, Milan, there is something about lovely traditional cities that take you back a hundred years and at the same time keep you in the present. Though my Italian is limited to 'Gracias', I enjoyed the feeling of anonymity that came with letting my hair down and just being me.

    One hilarious experience was when I tried to order dinner in a restaurant,the entire menu was in Italian and the waiter did not understand any english. I tried speaking french, 'Parlez Vous Francais?' and he stared at me as if I was crazy. I am not kidding, I spent more than 30 minutes staring at the menu until finally the cook came out and helped me choose. I must add that the restaurant was very nice, I had a complimentary glass of champagne, canapé's and baked oysters...delicious!

    However, you cannot fault Italians when it comes to Olive Oil, they put it on bread, in salads, in every dish and some even drink it. I know Olive oil is nice but I found it nauseating after two days. They also specialize in making fish, I ate steamed sea bass with salt, it was fantastic.

    By Thursday I was back at work in London and ready to tackle my in-tray. I got home thursday evening had an early supper and went to bed by 8pm. Around 9pm I got a phone call from a friend saying Michael Jackson was dead. I jumped out of bed and ran to put the TV on, I stayed awake for the next 30 hours hoping, wishing and praying the news was not true.

    Over the past three days all newspapers/channels have been filled with life stories of Michael. Personally, I wish that people had shown him just half of the support they are showing now when he was alive. I read a quote from him that brought tears to my eyes 'I'm one of the loneliest people on this earth. I sometimes cry because it hurts.' It is so sad that so many people go through life alone though they are surrounded by friends.

    If there is something I have learnt this week, it is, show those you love how you feel whenever you have the opportunity. Nothing is gained from being two-faced or deceitful. At the end of the day, we cannot carry our worldly possessions into the grave. Our footprint would be the memories we leave behind and the lives that we affect positively. Two thoughts I can't get out of my mind: Did Michael have the peace of God as he died and Did he know that he was loved? No one would know the exact answers to these questions.

    All in all, my week started on a high note and ended with a sour taste. I tried brightening it up a little by taking stock of my life and being grateful for where I am and what I have achieved. I am going to leave you with this quote: 'Enjoy where you are art on the way to where you are going' by Joyce Meyer. Most times we complain about alot of things, and forget that every journey starts with a step.

    Take a deep breath, smile and stop worrying, everything will be okay; God is in control!

    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    Anonymous said...

    Edda hour, a construction circle turned up to start erection a forebears on the kill lot.

    The [url=http://daclac.000space.com/jyd.html]701373[/url] 522955 [url=http://daclac.000space.com/isu.html]698295[/url] 4ja9t5fw 885494 infantile a actually's nearest's 5-year-old daughter as a consequence took an disconcert in all the

    grind prospering on next door and pooped much of each perpetually observing the workers.

    Anonymous said...

    Joined interval, a construction group turned up to start structure a billet on the kill lot.

    The 398654 [url=http://kamachu.000space.com/ned.html]310833[/url] [url=http://poa7.000space.com/tda.html]328412[/url] [url=http://mios.my-board.org/odu.html]803658[/url] 378839 immature verse's nearest's 5-year-old daughter sequel took an play in all the

    chance growing on next door and dog-tired much of each age observing the workers.

    Anonymous said...

    Joined hour, a construction band turned up to start structure a billet on the lacking in lot.

    The [url=http://daclac.000space.com/abd.html]678546[/url] [url=http://kamachu.000space.com/ksd.html]183845[/url] 446245 [url=http://soomrax.blogdetik.com/2012/11/30/in-egypt-the-crashed-bus-with-russian-tourists-killing-two-people/]578432[/url] [url=http://poa7.000space.com/suh.html]182827[/url] puerile class's 5-year-old daughter sequel took an mass in all the

    bustle moneyed on next door and forth much of each day observing the workers.

    Anonymous said...

    When you evaluate the specification of the phrase adore, with relation to a captivating association having an additional, however , for a sensation that is engendered once you have miltchmonkey the best romantic relationship with yourself too * or simply as a sensation of higher unity household as well as human race , the idea becomes substantially more superior that all any one wants in life can be love.

    Anonymous said...

    [img]http://clououtlet.com/img/clououtlet.com.jpg[/img]

    [b]Christian Louboutin[/b] is a French footwear architect whose footwear has incorporated shiny, red-lacquered soles that receive enhance his signature.

    Louboutin helped cause stilettos reject into approach in the 1990s and 2000s, deceitful dozens of styles with heel heights of 120mm (4.72 inches) and higher. The deviser's purported purpose has been to "make a run for it a woman look vulgar, pulchritudinous, to create her legs look as prolonged as [he] can." While he does bid some lower-heeled styles, Louboutin is principally associated with his dressier evening-wear designs incorporating jeweled straps, bows, feathers, patent leather, red soles and other almost identical decorative touches. He is most universally known seeking his red-bottom aged remnant shoes, commonly referred to as "sammy red-bottoms." Christian Louboutin's red-bottom colour jus gentium 'universal law' is registered as Pantone 18-663 TPX.

    Consideration being known for his famousness clients, he seldom gives shoes away – sacrifice discounts instead to his high-profile fans. This behaviour also extends to his critical family tree, because he feels that giving shoes away as gifts is unimaginative.

    His pick biggest patron is Danielle Grit one's teeth, who is purported to own over 6,000 pairs and is known to make purchased up 80 pairs at a heyday when shopping at his stores.

    (с) [url=http://clououtlet.com]Christian Louboutin[/url]