Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 26, 2009

    The Legend who is Michael Jackson



    Michael Jackson
    28/08/1958 - 25/06/2009


    Michael Jackson was a child at heart, only a heavenly being could have been that perfect. I have spent the last 20+hours wide awake and I do not even feel the least bit sleepy. Michael Jackson has gone where I can no longer see him, I cannot comprehend what that means. I refused to believe the news until CNN confirmed that he was dead.

    I grew up dancing to his music, my cousins and I knew all the steps to Thriller even though it was released before I was born. His album "Thriller" has sold over 50 million copies worldwide and this does not include sales made in the last 24 hours. Michael's music forged lasting friendships and inspired to lots of modern artists.

    Michael Jackson was not from this world, I honestly believe that he was an Angel who was sent to inspire and change the way the world perceived love, music, race, success and talent. He left us at the point where he felt his job was complete. In the words of Rev. Al Sharpton, "Michael Jackson made culture accept a person of colour way before Tiger Woods, way before Oprah Winfrey, way before Barack Obama. Michael did with music what they later did in sports, and in politics and in television. No controversy will erase the historic impact."

    I remember the day his tickets went on sale in the UK, I went late to work just trying to get one for myself and you wouldn't believe that they were all sold out. I do not care about the ticket cost, all I am concerned with is 'Where has my Hero gone'? In human terms, he died of a cardiac arrest. The king of Pop's heart gave into the frailty of his human body.

    His touch can be felt even in Abavo a village in Nigeria. His compassion for children was just so tremendous that mere humans misconstrued it to mean something else. It is said that if we all love for real, the world would be a better place, this is something Michael believed in with all his heart. His songs 'Heal the World', 'We are the World', 'Earth Song','The Love You Save' and lots more show how much of an Ambassador he was. Today, take time out and listen to his words...
    'Heal the world, make it a better place for you and for me and the entire human race.
    There are people dying, if you care enough for the living, make a better place for you and for me.'

    The words alone bring tears to my eyes.

    Michael Jackson, may your soul rest in perfect peace; though you are gone, your memory would live on in our hearts and even the hearts of our unborn children. I love you, We all love you. Today the world lost a great soul!

    You've 'Gone Too Soon'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0mcxmCGetI

    5 comments:

    le Sapiosexual said...

    today feels like those days after Princess Diana's death...too surreal
    I hope he is at peace wherever it is he is

    Jae said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Jae said...

    God knows tears have come to my eyes so many times today...reading your tribute has brought tears to my eyes again...I really can't believe it, he will be sorely missed...gosh

    Jamie said...

    Thanks guys, Sheryl just said on MTV what I have been echoing all day. Michael was sent here from above to change the World and he knew that. She said that he told her he felt there was a Messianic role in his life. I could write a hundred more pages and still feel like I have not expressed myself.

    Unknown said...

    Gotta admit am still in shock and reading ur article jay only brings back memories. I hope he is at peace now considering he never got that here on earth. Nice work babes..